Best Aquarium Shops In Singapore
May 7, 2021 by The Fun Empire Team
As of recent years, there has been a rise in the number of fish enthusiasts in Singapore. This is definitely no surprise as fishes can not only make adorable pets, but they also help to definitely add a little aesthetic and nature to your homes. And to add this bit of nature into your own homes just by simply visiting an aquarium shop!
However, with so many aquarium shops available in Singapore, which ones are best for getting your ideal fish tank, and which ones offer the widest array of fishes? In addition, not all aquarium shops will hold the exact aquarium model you may need. This is due to the limited inventory they can hold within their premises. So it's definitely wise to read on as we have searched far and wide all over Singapore for the best aquarium shops you should visit! All these aquarium shops we will be recommending offer an amazing range of high-quality products that's perfect for almost anyone.
But before we proceed to this list, here are some other great articles you should read if you're looking to spice up your weekend plans!
- Best Things To Do In Singapore That Are Fun And Exciting
- 5 Best Affordable Places To Play Laser Tag in Singapore For Groups and Corporates
- 8 Beautiful Acrylic Painting Ideas For Beginners
- 20 Fun and Adventurous Things to do in Singapore for 2020
- 60 Unique and Fun Team Building Games In Singapore For 2020
1. House Of Discus
|Key Services||Key service provider of ornamental fish and aquatics accessories|
|Address||98 Yio Chu Kang Road 545575|
|Operating hours||Monday to Saturday 12 pm - 8 pm|
House of Discus started with a group of like-minded friends with the objective of reintroducing captive bred discus culture into Singapore, sharing of knowledge and keep them at most affordable price.
In the year 2018, House of Discus was officially set up at our current site. In a short span of years in the market, we have grown our discus community and we have made HOD well known to every discus enthusiast. Gaining trust from breeders is also one of our first steps to success whereby we are able to bring in the most unique discus onto the shore of Singapore and allowing our hobbyists to feast their eyes on these wonderful creations.
The journey of House of Discus has in fact just began whereby they have ventured into the depth of the wild discus. This humble little aquarium shop strives to bring the best captive and wild discus to all their hobbyists!
- Excellent market outreach, local and overseas
- Established strong and constant supply for first of a kind of discus breed in the market.
- Always there to assist hobbyist to outcome on discus encounters.
Being a customer of House of Discus means being part of a dedicated community. Discus keeping can be a challenging hobby and many customers may well have given up without the community support. From the time you walk into HOD you are given attention and more importantly, the great advice you need in order to be successful. The quality of their fish is good and very competitively priced, with other opportunities to purchase very good value fish at innovative events like the regular auctions they hold. And once you leave the shop the HOD team goes the extra mile to continue to support you by giving you advice and guidance should any problems arise, while providing a platform for customers to support and interact with each other and innovative opportunities to motivate each other via things like discus competitions. Truly a passionate team that goes the extra mile!Kenneth Akintewe
2. Toh Aquarium
|Key Services||Retail of Freshwater Fishes and Variety of Aquarium Solutions For Fish Hobbyists|
|Address||Block 63 Kallang Bahru #01-435 Singapore 330063|
|Operating hours||Daily: 11 am - 9 pm|
Our aquarium shop offers a wide variety of freshwater fishes and a vast range of aquarium accessories for all your aquatic needs! We are enthusiastic fish hobbyists ourselves. The services we provide stems from years of experience and hands-on skillsets.
At their store, they showcase a bountiful supply of live fish, aquatic plants, air plants & succulents where stocks are replenished on a fast-paced basis. You can also find a wide variety of fish food for all tropical fishes, general & specific medication, water conditioner and beneficial bacterial, multiple ways of filtration system, air pumps and aeration, aquarium plant fertilizers and plant supplements, aquarium tools, and everything you need to maintain a balanced tropical fish tank.
All in all, they hope their customers can create scenic aquascape tanks to beautify their homes, have healthy living happy aquatic pets to make all the family members feel engaged, and bring peace and calm to the homely environment.
- Wide variety of Freshwater Fishes
- Experienced enthusiastic fish keepers
- Offers custom made fish tank sets
Nice old school neighbourhood aquarium, with the place so full of live fish, plants and accessories. Lots of variety and very reasonably priced… So expect the usual levels of self - help to get around. Ample parking around the neighbourhood.Reuter Chua
3. Madpetz Aquatic Studio
|Key Services||Retailer of marine and freshwater aquarium products and livestock|
|Address||Blk 607 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 4, #01-1287, Singapore 560607|
|Operating hours||Monday: Closed|
Tuesday to Friday: 12 pm to 8 pm
Saturday and Sunday 12 pm to 6 pm
Our Vision is to be one-stop marine aquarium supplies in Singapore with a good selection of products that caters to marine aquarium needs. We welcome enquiries about the tank system set-up for marine fish tanks.
- The team at Madpetz Aquatic Studio are willing to give honest opinions.
- Secondly, Madpetz Aquatic Studio offers small nano fish tanks for beginners to enjoy the fun of keeping a fish tank as a hobby.
- Last but not least, essential goods are recommended for customers at Madpetz Aquatic Studio.
One of the best marine shops. Uncle and aunty are very pleasant. I am new to reefing and the uncle and aunty have guided me by giving me the best advice. Am happy to say that most of the corals in my tank are from them and they are very healthy. I will recommend this shop any day any time.Vinod Kumaran
4. AMB Aquatic Hub
|Key Services||Aquarium shop that has a wide variety of aquarium products|
|Address||176 Orchard Rd, #B2-02, Singapore 238843|
|Operating hours||Monday to Wednesday: 11.15 am - 7.30 pm|
Friday to Sunday: 11.15 am - 7.30 pm
Thursday: 11.30 pm - 7.30 pm
For anyone who's in the town area of Singapore, you will be able to find that there are also aquarium shops that you can visit! One such example is AMB Aquatic Hub. It is located at Centre Point which is a stone's throw away from Somerset MRT. They have a wide variety of aquarium products such as filter systems, water pumps, plant fertilizers, aquarium accessories, and much more!
- Firstly, AMB Aquatic Hub is located conveniently near Somerset MRT station.
- Next, AMB Aquatic Hub has a project team to build and design your dream tank. The project advisor will also assist and advise you on the practicability of your dream tank and the system to use.
- Last but not least, AMB Aquatic Hub has a wide variety of products that can benefit an aquarium.
Their fishes are so beautiful and healthy. The fishes I bought elsewhere were cheaper but died very fast. The quality of their products and service are also very good, they actively help me to solve the problems for my tank, I got a lot of knowledge from them! 🙂Janet Liu
5. K & K Aquarium & Birds Centre
|Key Services||A local pet store that offers services and products for many animals including fishes|
|Address||201D Tampines Street 21 #01-1145, Singapore 524201|
|Operating hours||Monday to Sunday: 11 am - 9.30 pm|
Next up, we have K & K Aquarium & Birds Centre. This humble pet store started its establishment in 1981 at Bedok. However, in 1985, they moved over to Tampines as they believed that it was a more strategic location. Over these past few years, they have offered high-quality live pets, pet food, and pet accessories which also include fishes as well! All in all. K & K Aquarium & Birds Centre offers a wide variety of fish accessories and fish food for all your aquarium needs.
- Their sales personnel will walk you through every tank. They will explain the characteristics of the different species. This is to avoid mismatching or mixing fishes that aren’t supposed to be kept in the same tanks.
- Secondly, K & K Aquarium & Birds Centre was awarded the SG50 Prestige Enterprise Award.
- Last but not least, you can expect high quality and personalised service once you enter into their store.
Well-stocked pet store in Tampines. Huge variety of livestock and accessories at a reasonable price. The boss and staff were very friendly and well knowledgeable. They are willing to share their experience and knowledge. They also won't recommend unnecessary things to buy. Highly recommended place to shop for fish and accessories.
They do also sell other pets like hamsters and rabbits.Sean Goh
6. Fishy Business
|Key Services||Aquarium store that specializes in aquascaping|
|Address||96C Jalan Senang, #03-00, Singapore 418483|
|Operating hours||Tuesday - Friday: 1 pm - 8 pm|
Saturday & Sunday: 1 pm - 7 pm
Last but not least, we have Fishy Business. They started from a small humble online store, established in 2011, which caters to local hobbyists. Fishy Business helps to offer products, knowledge, and assistance in regards to aquascaping. Over the years, they have managed to build their reputation through their passion for aquascaping. Also, Fishy Business hones their skills by keeping up with the moving trend through their participation in global aquascaping competitions. All in all, they hope to grow this unique hobby all across Singapore!
- Firstly, Fishy Business has been granted the opportunity to be the sole distributor of ADA (Aqua Design Amano). They are in charge of the local supplies of ADA goods and products to many local aquarium shops.
- Secondly, Fishy Business has a nice showroom and gallery equipped with full ADA products.
- Finally, their team of aquascapers has acquired countless awards and achievements throughout the world. competitions
A friend recommended this shop to me and I was amazed by the variety of quality woods, aquatic plants, and equipment they have!!!
Owner Roger is very knowledgeable and friendly. He patiently answers the questions I posed and giving me great tips as well. It is a one-stop-shop for your aquascaping!Jennifer Ong
In conclusion, these are some of the best aquarium shops you should be checking out if you're looking to add a little aesthetic and nature to your homes. We hope that this article has helped you to determine which aquarium shops are the most suitable for each of your individual needs. Happy shopping!
Looking for more food recommendations or team building activities? We got you covered! Check out these articles:
- Best Artisanal Food Brands In Singapore
- Best Local Bakeries and Confectioneries on Instagram
- 5 Places for the Best Steaks in Singapore 2021
- Fun Party Games For Christmas
- Virtual Travel Experience – Icons Of Singapore: The 5 Coolest Team Building Elements
- Best Fitness Equipment Shops
If you know a business that is in need of help or a business that you would recommend to others, let us know so we can feature them too! Contact us here!