11 Best Cooking Classes in KL & Selangor 
April 19, 2022 by The Fun Empire Team
Cooking Class KL Selangor
Are you looking for cooking classes? Cooking is not just a hobby to some, cooking is their passion. If you are someone who loves cooking and wants to take it further by learning more about cooking techniques, then this blog post is for you! Here are the best cooking classes in Kuala Lumpur & Selangor that will offer cooking courses that are perfect for beginners or those with intermediate skills.
1. Cooking with Nicholas
- Key Services: Focused teaching by working in small groups, traditional Indian cuisines
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/CookingWNicholas/
- Address: 70 Jalan 14/24 (2,461.90 km), 46100 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- Phone: +60 16-682 7465
- Operating Hours: 9am-2:30pm daily
Chef Nicholas Pillai runs a cozy little cooking school in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia, where he teaches a variety of cuisines in small classes. The size of the groups is kept small, and the lessons vary from month to month, ensuring that you'll discover something new and thrilling every time you come.
Cooking with Nicholas has a knack for bringing flavorful recipes to life. Whether you're interested in making macarons, sampling classic Indian sweets, or even learning how to prepare local meals like paratha and mutton rendang, Cooking with Nicholas is an excellent choice!
2. Tedboy Bakery
- Key Services: Cooking classes for children, offers quality baked goods
- Website: https://www.tedboy.com/
- Address: Unit F1, No. 7, Jalan 51A/243, Seksyen 51A, 46100 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- Phone: 1 300 80 1008
- Operating Hours: 9am-5pm Monday to Friday
Edward and Patrina created Tedboy Bakery in 2012, naming it after their firstborn. Edward & Patrina's bakery also offers a variety of culinary classes for children aged four to seven, such as "Spaghetti & Ravioli" and "Cake And Fruit Pops." PJ's The School Jaya One is where Tedboy Bakery's cooking class is being held.
3. Iloha Culture Center
- Key Services: Culinary workshops, Japanese culture and cuisine lessons, beginner-friendly tutorials
- Website: http://www.iloha-net.com/
- Address: 21-1, Jalan Telawi 2, Bangsar, 59100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Phone: +60 3-2202 2800
- Operating Hours: 9am-6pm Wednesday to Sunday
Iloha Culture Center, tucked away in a higher shop lot in Bangsar Baru, offers anyone interested in learning more about Asian cultures, languages, and different cuisines. With a concentration on Japanese food, local dishes, handiwork bread, and sweets, you may study home cooking here.
The beginner-friendly cooking courses are taught from the ground up, ensuring that everyone can learn to make delectable meals like handcrafted Sushi, Tempura, and other delicacies. If you want to guarantee a spot, you should reserve early!
Apart from culinary workshops, the Iloha Culture Center also offers language classes taught by native speakers. A tiny café where you can unwind and enjoy Kyoto-made Maiko Tea is also available.
4. ABC Cooking Studio
- Key Services:
- Website: https://www.abc-cooking.com.my/
- Address: Pavilion Elite Lot 7.102, 168 Jalan Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur
- Phone: 1700-81-3884
- Operating Hours: 10am-10pm daily
The ABC Cooking Studio has studios in Hong Kong, Korea, and Thailand. The KL Pavilion's ABC Cooking Studio is a sleek and modern studio that serves as an outlet for five basic courses: cake, bread, wagashi (traditional Japanese sweets), and children.
The classes at ABC Cooking Studio are deliberately kept small to ensure that each student receives adequate attention from the teachers. Students must commit to at least six sessions, but you may try out signing up for a trial lesson or a one-day session to get to know them better if you're nervous.
5. Nathalie’s Gourmet Studio
- Key Services: Nathalie's secret cooking techniques, fine dining experience, French cuisine lessons
- Website: http://nathaliegourmetstudio.com/
- Address: No 5, Lorong Teknologi C, Taman Sains Selangor 1, PJU 5 Kota Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- Phone: + 603 6151 6610
- Operating Hours: 6:30am-8pm Friday and Saturday, 10:30am-4pm Sunday
Nathalie's Gourmet Studio, which is well-known among aficionados of fine cuisine, may be a familiar name to some. Nathalie, who is self-taught and has won numerous awards, runs Nathalie's Gourmet Studio, one of the finest French restaurants in the country. They offer cooking lessons from kids to adults!
Nathalie's Gourmet Studio has year-round classes where foodies may learn some of Nathalie's signature recipes and "tricks of the trade." If you enjoy French cuisine, delectable sweets, and gorgeous macarons, Nathalie's Gourmet Studio is the place to go for culinary talents.
6. Ecole De Patisserie
- Key Services: Baking and culinary lessons
- Website: https://ecole.com.my/
- Address: 11A & 17 Jalan PJU 8/5A, Bandar Damansara Perdana, 47820 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- Phone: 012-3086362
- Operating Hours: By appointment
Ecole is a culinary school that was founded in 2008 and focuses on providing students with a strong theoretical and practical foundation in baking and culinary skills. This involves careful preparation, skilled application, creative decoration, and smart presentation. Their teachers try to encourage both their students' technical abilities as well as their desire for excellence.
For those who want to go professional, Ecole provides diplomas and advanced diploma programs in Patisserie and Culinary Arts. They offer opportunities for students to engage with the newest advancements in the pastry and culinary business, including trips to Paris so they may study firsthand from several award-winning French Master Chefs.
7. The Cooking House
- Key Services: Wide range of cuisines and cultures, good teaching environment, private dining services
- Website: http://www.thecookinghouse.com/
- Address: 173 Jalan Maarof, Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur
- Phone: 03-2202 3330
- Operating Hours: By appointment
The Cooking House is a culinary school founded in 2006 that places a premium on a shared passion for food and all things culinary. They provide hands-on classes covering a wide range of cuisines and cultures, as well as teaching students in a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
The Cooking House's professional chefs not only educate about cuisine but also seek to instill in students the traditions and history of all the world's great cuisines. The Cooking House offers culinary team building programs, chef demonstrations, and private dining services in addition to cooking classes.
8. Young Chefs Academy Malaysia
- Key Services: Specialized on teaching culinary to children, well thought curriculum for kids
- Website: https://kualalumpur.youngchefsacademy.com/
- Address: Desa Sri Hartamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Phone: +60 18-366 6414
- Operating Hours: 10am-6pm daily
The opportunity to let young chefs out of their comfort zones and have fun in the kitchen is provided by Young Chefs Academy. Kinder Cooks (4-6 years), Junior Cooks (7-12 years) and Senior Chefs (12-17 years) are offered on a weekly basis, with topics ranging from the fundamentals of cooking to the importance of kitchen safety. There are also plenty of other culinary-related activities planned, such as school holiday programs, after-school cookery class, and monthly training sessions.
9. At 19 Culinary Studio
- Key Services: Practical cooking lessons, professional chefs as instructors
- Website: http://www.at19culinary.com/
- Address: No.19 Jalan Dungun, Damansara Heights, 50490 Kuala Lumpur
- Phone: 6016-3778 236
- Operating Hours: By appointment
At 19 Culinary Studio, culinary students may create memorable experiences by learning in a hands-on environment. They teach classes in a home kitchen setting, using recipes that anyone may replicate at home.
At 19 Culinary Studio, you'll find something for everyone, whether it's classes meant for novices or professionals. Their sessions are led by skilled culinary experts who want to ensure that regardless of your level of expertise, you can get better results. Not only will you learn how to prepare a menu of meals at 19 Culinary Studio's unique cooking lessons, but you'll also learn the principles and methods required to understand why they taste so good and how to create masterpieces of your own.
10. Gula Cakery
- Key Services: Bakery and pastry lessons
- Website: http://gulacakery.com/
- Address: 11, Jln Anggerik Aranda BG 31/BG, 40460 Shah Alam, Selangor
- Phone: +60 3-5131 4604
- Operating Hours: 12pm-8pm Monday to Thursday, 12pm-10pm Friday to Sunday
Gula Cakery, a bakery launched in September 2015 by Arieni Ritzal, is the result of her self-taught cooking knowledge. Her breathtaking cakes and sweets have over 100K Instagram followers as of now.
Arieni doesn't just bake; she also teaches others how to do it. The Gula Cakery offers a workshop-style baking class in a fun and encouraging atmosphere where recipes, ideas, and confidence are shared while students learn loads of handy tips and techniques they can apply to their own cooking.
11. Smart Junior Chef Bandar Kinrara
- Key Services: Fundamental cooking for all ages
- Website: https://smartjuniorchef.com/
- Address: 24-2, Jalan bk 5A/3B, Bandar Kinrara, Puchong, 47180 Selangor
- Phone: 012-6046756
- Operating Hours: 9am-5pm daily
There are four primary course options at Bandar Kinrara: Junior Program, Senior Program, Master Program, and Cooking Class. The Junior Program, for example, is designed for children aged four to 17 who want to learn all of the fundamentals regarding cooking and equipment & utensils use.
Cooking Class KL Selangor
Cooking classes are not just for cooking enthusiasts. They're also a great opportunity to spend time with your family or friends and bond over cooking skills that you can all take home. The cooking classes in KL & Selangor provide the perfect atmosphere to do this, as they offer lessons for juniors, seniors, masters, and cooking class beginners of any age level. Learning how to cook together is an experience everyone should try at least once!
Enjoyed reading this article? Follow the links below to read more similar articles: