12 Best Electric Bikes in Australia 
April 17, 2022 by The Fun Empire Team
Electric Bikes Australia
Electric bikes are a popular transportation option in countries where the electric grid runs on clean energy. In Australia, electric bikes can be used as commuter vehicles and for recreation. Electric bike riders enjoy all the health benefits that come with riding a bike and electric bikes offer additional advantages such as electric assist to help with difficult terrain and hills. Let's take a look at some of the best electric bikes available in Australia!
1. Ribble CGR AL
|Key Services||Electric bikes|
The Ribble CGR AL is a gravel bike, which combines chunky tires and a robust frame with sporty drop handlebars to create something that's equally at home on tarmac as well as dirt trails. The CGR AL has lightning quick acceleration, making it a joy to ride. It's screaming to be taken off the beaten path (there's plenty of room for knobby tires or just accumulating a lot of muck), and it charges from flat in just 3.5 hours, so you won't have to plan your excursions too far ahead.
- Sporty gravel bike design
- Super quick acceleration
- Easy to use and switch modes
2. Trek Powerfly FS 5 G2
|Key Services||Electric mountain bikes|
|Phone||0261 732 400 (Customer Care)|
The powerful Bosch motor, RockShox fork, Shimano drivetrain, and sturdy Alpha Platinum aluminium frame of this versatile full-suspension electric mountain bike make it a real off-road hero. The Trek Powerfly FS 5 G2 has a detachable internal battery for better balance on the trail.
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB)
- e-MTB, full suspension
- It's equipped with an external charging port for easy charging on or off the bike
- It rides like a mountain bike
- The Purion controller has Walk Assist and an intelligent eMTB mode that automatically delivers the right amount of power based on your terrain
3. Cleverley Commuter S
|Key Services||High quality electric commuter bikes|
Cleverley is on a mission to make choosing bikes over cars a simple equation with thoughtfully designed electric commuter bikes that are packed with value. The Commuter S step-through model is an intelligent urban transporter with details carefully considered with the rider and their commute in mind. A powerful Bafang mid-drive motor, integrated removable 12.8Ah Samsung-cell battery, high-grade hydraulic disc brakes, and the internal hub gear system from Shimano to provide convenience and simplicity.
Cleverley's come fully equipped with a modular front and rear rack system, integrated lighting, and high-grade aluminium mud guards. This package comes at a best in market price and with a customer service model focused on ease and convenience. Riding Cleverley will be a smart choice.
- Clean, modern design
- Powerful 250W Bafang mid-drive motor
- Shimano Nexus internal hub gears
- Integrated, removable 12.8Ah Samsung battery (Range: 60-100km)
- SRAM hydraulic disc brakes
- Modular front and rear rack system
- Best value mid-drive ebike on the market
- For added convenience, Cleverley takes the test rides to you so you can test the bike in your neighbourhood or on your commute
4. MiRider One
The MiRider One is a foldable e-bike that's ideal for travelers - small enough to put on a train or under your desk, yet powerful enough to get you there fresh and ready to go. The MiRider One hits the nail on the head here, and it does so for an extremely low price. Despite its compact design, it provides a smooth and comfortable ride due to its sturdy construction and a rear shock absorber that absorbs any little potholes on your journey.
The motor's power assistance functions are more advanced than those on many other e-bikes, with five levels compared to the typical three. With a boost button and a throttle control to assist you get away quickly at crossroads and junctions, it has plenty of control. It takes just two hours to charge from flat, and its maximum range is 40 miles before running out of power. The MiRider One folds down in under a minute and is stored in the included case when not in use. By far, the finest e-bike for commuting.
- Excellent value
- Easy to fold and transport
- Smooth, comfortable ride
5. Specialized Turbo Vado 3.0
The Turbo Vado 3.0 is one of the best electric bikes to buy, despite its low price and modest performance increase over the Specialized Turbo Creo SL. The ultra-lightweight frame houses a 1.2 E motor that has been tuned for city use.
- Turbo Full Power 2.0E motor and 530Wh battery
- MasterMind and Mission Control
- Smooth Efficiency
- Turbo System Lock
- Fully Integrated Removable and Lockable Downtube Battery
- Equipped with DRYTECH Fenders, LED front and rear lights, and 27kg capacity rear HD Rack
6. Lekker Amsterdam + E-Bike
When you're in search of a motorbike, Amsterdam is the first bike you think of. This simple yet practical electric bike design has a smooth riding feel. The 250W rear engine keeps momentum and allows you to effortlessly cruise around town. This Amsterdam + e bike is a great option for getting around town and to where you need to go, despite its limitations when it comes to off-road trails.
- Bafang rear motor
- Gates carbon drive
- Removable battery
- WTB Horizon tires
- Premium Hydraulic disk breaks
- Integrated LED and LED Display
7. GIANT REVOLT E+ PRO
The GIANT REVOLT E+ PRO is a versatile drop-bar e-bike that allows you to explore off-road routes while retaining the power to tackle gravel tracks. It has a powerful SyncDrive Pro motor mounted on its robust ALUXX SL aluminum frame. The tubeless tyres also make it simple to ride over any surface. One of the greatest electric bikes for those who want to deviate from the norm.
- Powerful SyncDrive Pro motor
- Light and durable ALUXX SL aluminium frame
- EnergyPak Smart 375 compact battery delivers 375Wh of pedalling support
- Long-lasting battery and optional EnergyPak Plus range extender allows you to ride further without running out of power
8. Specialized S-Works Turbo Creo SL
The S-Works Turbo Creo SL from Specialized is easily one of the finest electric bikes available, assuming you have the money for it. With a FACT 11r frame and Future Shock 2.0 hydraulic suspension, this bicycle offers a smooth ride. It's also among the lightest e-bikes on the market.
- Light, fast, and long range
- Refined ride
- Seamless motor integration
9. Dyson 26′ Folding Adventure E-Bike
Folding bikes are a great choice for those with little space. The powerful 250W motor on this Dyson 26' adventure e-bike is complemented by a lighter hardtail design. For folding e-bikes, it's also one of the cheaper options at AUD$1,999.
- 11.6Ah (420Wh) 36-volt Lithium-ion Samsung Cells, weight 2.3kgs, frame mounted with keyed lock
- Approximately 50-90kms, up to 5-hours on assist level 1
- 250 Watt Brushless DC geared rear hub, rear mounting
- Back lit LCD, 7 levels of assist (0 no assist, 6 Pedal Assist)
- Shimano 7 speeds on rear with twist shift
- Alex DP21 26-inch Double Wall Alloy rims with Stainless steel 13G spokes, front quick release
10. Trek Rail 9.8
The Trek Rail 9.8 is a long-distance electric bike designed for hardy individuals looking for a challenge. For exceptional performance on extended runs, this version has an enhanced fork, gearbox, and dropper.
- Active Braking Pivot. Active Braking Pivot
- RockShox Super Deluxe Thru Shaft damper
- Removable Integrated Battery
- OCLV Mountain Carbon
11. Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 500
The Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 500 is one of the best e-bikes available in Australia because it combines high-end Bosch technology with an accessible price. The motorized bike is ideal for commuting or a fun day out with the family; whatever you choose.
- Shimano Deore
- Single Chainset
- Hydraulic Disc
- Alloy Frame
- Front Shock 100mm
- 29" Wheel set
- Integrated Cable Routing
12. Leitner Electric Folding Bicycle
The Leitner Electric Folding Bike is designed for simplicity of use, with a low-step frame and curved cruiser handlebars, and it wouldn't look out of place on the Venice Beach boardwalks. The bike also includes puncture-resistant tires, genuine Samsung battery cells, and a strong hub motor.
- No license required, top speed of 25 km/h
- Integrated bike computer with speedometer and odometer
- Puncture-resistant tires with reflective sidewall striping
- Estimated 20-50km range with pedal assist mode. Estimated 32-80km range with upgraded 15Ah battery (add $250)
- 36 Volt 250 Watts motor
- Includes $150 worth of extras: Mudguards, chainguard, front & rear lights, rear rack, stand, bell and tool-kit to help with assembly
- Suits riders 5'3" (160 cm) and taller
13. Michael Blast Greaser Springer 2020
While the Michael Blast Greaser Springer electric bike isn't the best, it is unquestionably the coolest. This contemporary device is influenced by a 1920s board tracker and is entirely made in Australia. It comes with a powerful Bafang 500W geared brushless rear hub motor that enables you to travel at speeds of over 40kmph.
- BAFANG 500W Geared Brushless Rear Hub Electric Motor
- New Feature Addition - Vintage Springer Fork
- Pedal assist via 12 torque sensing bottom brucket and twist throttle
- 5 speed motor assist with 7 speed Shimano Acera
- Range: 40-60km
- Wheels and Tires: DURO (Beach Bum) 26-in x 3.00
- Trip Computer: LCD 5 speed display
- 500W bike has better torque then the 350W, so it picks up speed faster
Electric Bikes Australia
Electric bikes are a popular choice for many people looking to make their commute easier or more enjoyable. Choosing the electric bike that is right for you can be complicated, but if you know what to look out for in an electric bike and which features matter most, your decision will become much simpler. We hope this article has helped give you some insight into choosing the electric bicycle that's best suited to your needs!
If you want to read more interesting articles, follow the links below: