Best Pilates Studios In Singapore 
June 18, 2021 by The Fun Empire Team
Some of you may ask what is pilates? Pilates consists of a series of controlled movements to improve both the human mind and body. The belief system of Pilates is that mind and body are correlated as well. Pilates emphasizes the following principles: control, breathing, precision, center, flow, and concentration. Hence, if you're looking to pick up this new form of exercising into your lives, then be sure to sign up for a class at your local pilates studios right now!
However, there are so many factors that affect the quality of a pilates studio. This can range from something as simple as the quality of gym equipment used to the instructor's experience. Either way, it is extremely important to find a good pilates studio that can help you learn and deepen your practice! This is where The Fun Empire comes in. We have considered all of those things and curated this list of the Best Pilates Studios In Singapore. So be sure to check these pilates studios out if you're looking to integrate pilates into your lives!
On the other hand, be sure to check out these other great articles as well if you're looking for some light-hearted topics:
- Best Things To Do In Singapore That Are Fun And Exciting
- 5 Best Affordable Places To Play Laser Tag in Singapore For Groups and Corporates
- 8 Beautiful Acrylic Painting Ideas For Beginners
- 20 Fun and Adventurous Things to do in Singapore for 2020
- 60 Unique and Fun Team Building Games In Singapore For 2020
1. SmartFit Pilates Singapore
|Key Services||Private, Duet & Small group Reformer Pilates classes|
|Address||91 Tanglin Road, #01-01 Tanglin Place|
|Operating hours||Mondays to Sundays: Morning - Evening|
SmartFit Pilates opened 9 years ago with the mission to help clients live their best life through Pilates. This elegant boutique studio specializes in private, duet, and small group Reformer classes of only 4 - 5 clients to ensure personalized guidance and attention. Besides over 50 five-star ratings and rave reviews on Google, SmartFit is also recommended by physiotherapists and osteopaths islandwide.
Their international team of caring, dedicated, and professional instructors are highly qualified to address a wide range of health and fitness goals for all ages. Whether you’re looking to reduce common aches and pains, rehabilitate from injury, tone up muscles, increase core strength, improve posture, or pre and post-natal exercise – you’ll learn to understand and move your body in a way that will elevate the quality of your every day. Last but not least, SmartFit’s gorgeous new flagship studio takes your Pilates experience to the next level.
- Qualified, knowledgeable, and caring instructors
- Small group Reformer classes
- Designer studio (designed by Asylum) with the latest equipment
I’ve been a Smartfit client for three years (and counting). It’s a conducive, beautiful space and I have a wonderful instructor, Jiho. My sessions with her are always challenging and she constantly pushes me out of my comfort zone - it has made me much stronger - without ever compromising on technique, form, or alignment. I couldn’t recommend her highly enoughGoogle Reviews
2. Pilates Flow @2nd
|Key Services||We offer Private and Semi-private sessions in classical Pilates.|
|Address||Second Avenue Junction, 733 Bukit Timah Road #02-06, Singapore 269748|
|Operating hours||Mondays to Fridays: 8 AM - 9 PM|
Saturday and Sunday: 8 AM - 6 PM
Pilates Flow @2nd is a classical Pilates studio in Bukit Timah whose mission is to teach and maintain the integrity of Joseph Pilates’ original work in its purest form. All of the instructors in Pilates Flow are certified in the True Pilates method from the school of Romana Kryzanowska, one of the most vigorous and thorough training in the world.
- They offer strictly classical Pilates only.
- Clients learn to develop the balance of strength, flexibility, and grace in their bodies.
- The studio environment is cozy and conducive to learning.
"Great classes. The studio is clean and comfortable, and all the Instructors are very skilled and knowledgeable. The one on one classes are personalized to really address your specific health and fitness needs and goals."Michelle Chong
3. Advantage Pilates Singapore
|Key Services||Private Pilates Sessions, Group Equipment Classes, Prenatal Pilates, Pilates Mat Classes with Props|
20 Cecil St, #05-02 Plus Building (Formerly GSH Plaza), Singapore 049705
Advantage Pilates Centre, 1 Marine Parade Central #12-04 Parkway Centre Singapore 449408 (next to Parkway Parade)
Other classes available at Core Collective Dempsey, Core Collective Anson, HomeTeamNS Balestier, and also classes available online
|Operating hours||Monday: 8 AM - 8 PM|
Tuesday: 7 AM - 9 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM - 8 PM
Thursday: 7 AM - 9 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 8 PM
Saturday: 9 AM - 3 PM
Sunday: 8 AM - 12 PM
Advantage Pilates is a pilates studio whose mission is to encourage everyone to work out without the fear of judgment, intimidation, and pressure. What Advantage Pilates advocates are an enjoyable fitness experience for all, whatever age, size, fitness level, and gender. By being there for you every step of the way, you can work towards health goals like balance, strength, flexibility, and mobility at a comfortable pace.
What's more, Advantage Pilates boasts one-on-one sessions that are customized to target an individual's specific goals. Meanwhile, the introductory group equipment and mat work classes are beginner-friendly and suitable for the silver generation. For those interested, class types include:
- Private and semi-private sessions: Customised sessions using various pilates apparatus to reach movement and wellness goals.
- Prenatal Pilates: Pilates exercises that prepare the body for childbirth and motherhood.
- Gentle Pilates Gold: Gentle group equipment classes that are suitable for those who are 50 years old and above.
- Firstly, group equipment classes include the reformer, tower, and chair for all to experience and reap the full benefits of pilates.
- Next, their classes are very accessible and available in 5 locations all over Singapore.
- Last but not least, Advantage Pilates' comprehensive pilates teacher training encompasses the entire repertoire of movements from mat work to all equipment for inspiring Pilates Instructors and fitness enthusiasts alike.
Been attending classes here for 2 months now and I can really feel the difference pilates is doing to my body. Will be back every week! I like that the class size is not too big so Tiffany is able to check on our posture constantly.PQ
4. Pilatique Pilates Studio
|Key Services||Merrithew™ STOTT PILATES® Licensed International Certification Training Centre, providing Instructor Certification Courses & Workshops; Pilates training for rehabilitation, general fitness, and sports performance|
|Address||8 Gemmill Lane, Singapore 069250|
|Operating hours||Mondays to Fridays: 7 AM - 9 PM|
Saturdays: 7 AM - 5 PM
Established in 2011, Pilatique provides day-to-day training for clients fulfilling rehabilitation, general fitness, and sports performance needs. Apart from those, Pilatique is also a Merrithew™ STOTT PILATES® International Instructor Certification Licensed Training Centre in Singapore (and in Malaysia). To date, Pilatique has trained and certified close to 750 instructors from all around the world, this shows that Pilatique is the ideal pilates training and education center of Singapore. With dedication and commitment to continuously build and strengthen the pilates industry, successful and certified STOTT PILATES® instructors in Singapore came through their doors. Testimonials and strong clientele retention are proof of their instructors’ quality in teaching and relationship building.
Melissa Wong, Co-founder, Education, Training & Development Director, also as Merrithew™ STOTT PILATES® Lead Instructor Trainer since 2008, was appointed as a member of People’s Association Talent Advisory Panel to review, evaluate and improve Pilates Instructors’ teaching quality in the community.
- STOTT PILATES® International Instructor Certification Licensed Training Centre
- The studio is fully equipped with STOTT PILATES® apparatus and props.
- Selected Certified Instructors providing high-quality and professional training services to clients.
A dedicated training center with full facilities. Instructors and Instructor Trainers displayed greatPriscilla T
skills in nurturing the future leaders of Pilates Instructors. Teaching skills were clear & objective. I
love how they use a basic understanding of anatomy to apply to the biomechanics of the body. All are very
patient and encouraging with us despite some of us have different backgrounds and different levels
of Pilates teaching practice. Kudos!
5. Idō Studio Singapore
|Key Services||Gyrotonic and Gyrokinesis classes|
|Address||35 Selegie Road, #09-05 Parklane Shopping Mall, Singapore 188307|
|Operating hours||Mon to Tues, Thurs to Sat (by appointment only)|
Idō Studio Singapore offers a holistic approach to movement through the Gyrotonic expansion system; focusing on the mind-body connection, and emphasizes breathing to create physical, mental, and emotional stability through the body. Some of the benefits of a regular Gyrotonic practice include a healthier, more supple spine, increased range of motion, greater joint stability, improved agility, and athletic performance, and deep internal strength.
- Gyrotonic and Gyrokinesis focused studio.
- Small, intimate classes to ensure that every client gets proper and sufficient guidance from the instructor.
- Their personalized sessions are adapted to fit the needs of people across all walks of life - from elderly patients recovering from injury to highly skilled professional athletes.
I have been taking Gyrotonic classes under Samantha for a year and a half. As I dance, I was looking for a gyro studio that offers me the mechanics of practicing Gyrotonic correctly. This has also helped me to be more efficient and better in my dancing. Idō and Samantha definitely exceeded my expectation on these fronts. I particularly would like to commend Samantha for her patience and dedication in teaching me. Despite her young age, she is very knowledgeable and freely shares what she knows. She has definitely helped me to be more aware of my body. My strength and flexibility also improved. I would strongly recommend Idō to anyone who would like to experience the Gyrotonic movement method. The lovely ambiance of the well-equipped studio is another plus too.
6. Fitfoo Pilates
|Key Services||Private Pilates Classes, Group Pilates Reformer Classes, TRX Group Classes, Pilates Mat Classes|
Anson - 79 Anson Road Singapore 079906 Level 21 & 22
Dempsey - 27A Loewen Road Singapore 248839
|Operating hours||Mon to Fri: 7.30am to 8pm |
Sat: 9am - 4pm
Sun: 9am- 1pm
Fitfoo’s mission is to create feel-good Pilates classes. Say hello to a lean body and stronger core. Their classes use the BASI® Pilates block system to ensure you get a full body workout every session. They focus on correct postural alignment and build core strength in a fun way. Getting fit should never be a chore.
Fitfoo ensures that every session is balanced, well-rounded, addresses all planes of movement and multiple muscle groups, and tailor exercises to the needs of each individual. Regardless of your fitness level, Fitfoo believes in getting you functionally stronger and feel taller at the end of each session.
- Getting stronger while having fun
- Giving you a balanced full-body workout in every session
- Ensuring you understand and feel the intention of each exercise
Best post-reformer burn with no unwanted lower back/neck/wrist strain. The instructor takes a lot of effort to correct the form and comes up with new challenging variations. The pace is fast. I have been to quite a number of other reformer studios - they either don't burn enough, don't look out for form, or are too repetitive.
7. Off Duty Pilates
|Key Services||- Group Reformer Classes|
- TRX / Bosu Hybrid Reformer Group Classes
- Private 1:1 and Private Duet Equipment Pilates
- Prenatal Private Classes
|Address||Tanjong Pagar - 5A/6A Craig Road, Level 2, Singapore 089665|
Orchard - 390 Orchard Road, Palais Renaissance, #04-02, Singapore 238871
|Operating hours||7.30am to 9.30pm|
Off Duty Pilates was founded on the belief that Reformer Pilates should be seen and experienced as a lifestyle – energetic, fitness-focused group classes, hybrid Reformer and TRX/ Bosu workouts, coupled with our core commitment that Pilates should be accessible and enjoyable. Helmed by a group of friendly, experienced and approachable instructors, working out at ODP is the perfect way to sculpting a strong and lean body. They’ve designed our space and curated your class experience with fresh tracks so that working out will never feel like ‘work’.
- Creative class programming for energetic fitness-oriented classes that'll get you working out hard!
- Group classes are sized just right - small enough to get proper guidance from the instructor, yet big enough so you still get all the energy and vibes from working out in a group.
- Over 10 different class types for various fitness goals and regimes. From aligning the body, to HIIT and strengthening classes, choose what works best for you!
"Since my first class with Off Duty in 2019, I've discovered muscles that I never knew existed and corrected various postures that I've always thought were perfect. Never had any love for Pilates my entire life, but this has changed. I love how the ODP instructors pay attention to everyone during class (correcting posture, making sure we don't give up) and the energy they bring to class helps - especially after a long day at work!"Jia Yi
8. Upside Motion
|Key Services||Xtend Barre and Pilates Classes, Group coaching / Private coaching classes|
|Address||36 Armenian Street #02-03, Singapore 179934|
|Operating hours||Mondays to Fridays: 9 AM - 9 PM|
Saturdays, Sundays: 8.30 AM - 4.30 PM
Next up, we have Upside Motion. Upside Motion holds the belief that true fitness involves being able to tackle obstacles instead of lifting heavyweights. Their pilates classes help to build one's flexibility and strength. This ensures that the mind-body awareness is heightened as well. Upside Motion will help to instill in their students that even everyday activities can become forms of exercise while being able to tone up one's muscles without joint strain!
- Firstly, Upside Motion has a team of pilates instructors who are certified and have a wealth of experience.
- Secondly, Upside Motion has been on media features such as The Honeycombers, Singapore Women's Weekly, Her World Plus, and much more!
- Last but not least, the Upside Motion studio is located in the heart of City Hall.
I joined Upside Motion around 6 months ago, following an inconsistent yoga journey, but also aware that I needed to add a mobility type class to my current fitness routine. The service, facilities, and classes have been superb, and thoroughly enjoying my classes. Attend fundamental and dynamic flow with Yuki, Vingmei, Cheryl, and Mariya, and their guidance, knowledge, and instruction are first class.Stuart Hau
9. Sky Pilates
|Key Services||Machine-based pilates studio and experience|
|Address||583 Orchard Road #09-01 Forum Office Tower Singapore 238884|
|Operating hours||Mondays to Fridays: 9 AM - 6 PM|
Saturdays: 8 AM - 2 PM
Sky Pilates is one of the pilates studios that is located in the heart of Orchard which focuses on utilizing machines. Sky Pilates was founded by a team of instructors who wished to implement a space where the best movement methodologies are brought together. The studio also includes a group workout room with six Reformers, TRX® Suspension System, ballet barre for the Xtend Barre® workout, and the first CoreAlign® Group workout in Singapore with six CoreAlign® machines.
- Firstly, Sky Pilates ensures that classes are small so every client can receive personalized feedback and training.
- Next, clients of Sky Pilates will be able to enjoy their sessions in a cozy studio that's surrounded by nature within Orchard.
- Last but not least, the instructors from Sky Pilates are all trained through internationally recognized pilates certification programmes.
I had a great session with Cassandra Mak to address an issue I have frozen my shoulder. She is very knowledgeable about human physiology. By understanding the issue, she isolated the area of concern and formulated exercises that facilitate recovery and strengthening.Thomas Chang
10. Momentum Lab
|Key Services||Boutique, Pilates-based functional fitness studio|
|Address||Sixth Avenue Centre, 805 Bukit Timah Rd, #01-06, 279883|
|Operating hours||Mondays to Fridays: 7.30 AM - 8.30 PM|
Saturday: 8 AM - 3 PM (Last appointment at 2 PM)
Sunday: 8 AM - 3 PM (Last appointment at 2 PM)
Next up, we have Momentum Lab. Momentum Lab was established in 2013 by both Lynn Ong and Jim Lim along with a team of dedicated Pilates trainers. Ever since then, Momentum Lab has become one of the leading players in the pilates training industry. Their current focus is to provide group fitness classes, customized personal training programs, and exercises that can help rehabilitate injuries that their clients may suffer from. Momentum Lab also utilizes pilates principles, functional training techniques, and evidence-based Stretch & Align Therapy. This ensures that their clients are able to remain perfectly fit and healthy under the correct supervision!
- Firstly, Momentum Lab will train both the muscular and neuromuscular systems at the start of their client's regime to help them meet their fitness goals.
- Secondly, Momentum Lab hosts group fitness classes for companies in the comfort of their studio.
- Last but not least, they have worked with a multitude of clients to reach their fitness goals in person and online.
Through a friend’s recommendation, I went for the trial session more than a year ago. I have severe scoliosis and not very keen on pilate because I don’t know how much pilate can help me, but after taking lessons with Sheryl my doubts are gone. Sheryl modified the exercises so it is manageable for me and thanks to her patience I’m making progress. I’m able to incorporate the exercises that Sheryl taught me into my daily routine. My muscles are stronger and have lesser back pain. It is God’s blessings that bring me to Momentum Lab and have Sheryl as my trainer.Eunice Yong
11. PowerMoves Pilates
|Key Services||Pilates classes and fitness with nature-based surroundings|
6 Dempsey Road, Singapore 249683
8 Sinaran Drive, #02-05, Singapore 307470
|Operating hours||Mondays to Thursdays: 8.30 AM - 1.30 PM, 4.30 PM - 9.30 PM|
Fridays: 8.30 AM - 1.30 PM
Saturdays: 8.30 AM - 4.30 PM
Sundays: 9.30 AM - 1.30 PM
Finally, we have PowerMoves Pilates. PowerMoves Pilates specializes in being able to provide a pilates experience like no other. Being situated in tropical surroundings, they offer the unique experience of Pilates In The Park where clients can be tranquil and at peace while having their pilates sessions. PowerMoves Pilates currently has two studios located at Novena Hub and Dempsey Hill where they help their clients progress in terms of strength, flexibility, and poise!
- Firstly, PowerMoves Pilates is a multi-award-winning brand. They have been awarded for Most Beautiful Studios, Best Pilates, and many more!
- Next, PowerMoves Pilates offers specialized classes for those with particular health concerns or specific body conditions.
- Last but not least, their pilates studios are surrounded by lush greenery that clients can enjoy.
I started beginner mat work classes at the Dempsey studio in January and have completed 6 sessions so far. Really enjoy the routines, which are different every time, and the instructors are friendly and attentive.
Fitness-wise, I've lost weight and notice a more toned physique. Since we're encouraged to practice on our own at home, I've also become much more flexible, with better balance and strength. My work is very stressful so Pilates relaxes me. Definitely intend to continue when I finish my current set of classes.Oh Jen Jen
All in all, here's the list of the best pilates studios in Singapore. If any one of you is interested in taking up this unique form of exercise or deepening your practice in the art of pilates, then be sure to check out these studios. After reading this article, we hope that all of you have managed to gain a better understanding of what pilates actually is and how it can actually improve your lives!
Since you have made it to the end, why not check our other awesome articles too!
- Best Artisanal Food Brands In Singapore
- Best Local Bakeries and Confectioneries on Instagram
- 5 Places for the Best Steaks in Singapore 2021
- Best Tingkat Delivery In Singapore
- Best Alcohol Delivery In Singapore
If you know a business that is in need of help or a business that you would recommend to others, let us know so we can feature them too! Contact us here!