Team Building Meaning and How to Organize an Ideal Team Building Event
April 19, 2022 by The Fun Empire Team
Team Building Meaning
Team building is essential for any business. It helps to develop trust, communication and co-operation between team members. Not only is it beneficial for the individual team members, but the company as a whole. But what does team building mean, exactly? And how can you organise an ideal team building event?
In this blog post, we will introduce the team building meaning and provide tips on how to make your next team building event a success! The experiences have been accumulated by FunEmpire - the #1 team building company in Singapore with more than 20,000 successful events and 1,000,000+ happy clients.
Team building meaning
The term “team building” has become more popular than ever, yet the true team building meaning is still not clear to many people. Team building means creating an environment that encourages collaboration and communication within a group of individuals with a common goal. The main purpose of team building is to strengthen relationships between team members, improve team morale, and increase team productivity.
There are many team building activities available, but not all of them are suitable for every group. The key to a successful team building event is to choose the right activity that best suits your group’s needs. Here are some tips on how to select the ideal team building activity:
Tip 1: Define the objectives of the team building event
Before you can choose an activity, you need to know what the objectives of the event are. What do you want your team to achieve? Do you want them to learn how to work together better? Or are you looking for a way to boost morale and increase productivity? Once you know what you want to achieve, it will be easier to find an activity that suits your needs.
For example, some team building activities to achieve a variety of objectives, such as team morale, communication, co-operation, problem solving and creativity can be Virtual Escape Room, Virtual Amazing Race, Virtual Squid Game Escape, Poolball from FunEmpire.
Meanwhile, team bonding activities such as FunEmpire's Art Jamming Workshop, Leather Making Workshop, Virtual Party Mania would be perfect for teams that needs to improve their relationships with each other.
Tip 2: Consider the group size
The next step is to consider the size of your group. Team building activities can be divided into two categories: small group activities and large group activities. Small group activities of up to 20 people are more intimate and allow team members to get to know each other better. Large group activities, on the other hand, are more suited for groups of 30 or more people. They are a great way to get everyone involved and build team spirit.
At FunEmpire, you can customise the group size as per your expectations. Their bonding activities are so flexible in the number of participants that some of them even have no limits for the size, either it is a virtual, physical, or hybrid session.
Tip 3: Choose an activity that is relevant to your company or organization.
The activity you choose should be relevant to your company or organization. Team building activities can be divided into four categories: indoor activities, outdoor activities, physical activities and mental activities. Indoor activities are more suitable for companies that want to promote creativity and problem-solving skills. Outdoor activities are perfect for team building events that aim to build teamwork and communication. Physical activities are a great way to get everyone moving and boost team morale. Mental activities, on the other hand, are more suited for groups that want to improve their critical thinking skills.
At FunEmpire, we have a wide range of virtual, physical, indoor and outdoor team building activities that are perfect for companies of all sizes. We also offer various genres of events from fast-paced games to relaxing workshops and intriguing escape room challenges.
Team Building Meaning
Now that you know the team building meaning and how to host an amazing activity, it’s time to start planning your event. If you are seeking for some help in organising an unforgettable team-building session, do contact FunEmpire and let us know your team's needs.
- Bump Your Stress Away With The Best Bubble Soccer Experience Starting From Just $20/Pax. Bump your stress away by playing bubble soccer and other exciting Bubble Bump games such as Bubble Bump Invasion, Bubble Bump Zombie and many more.
- Poolball Singapore is the combination of pool and football - it is crazy fun because you get to kick soccer balls into pockets on a giant sized pool table, without the need of a cue stick! With the biggest collection of Poolball games in the world, we cater to all types of Poolball events suitable for any ages.
- Engage with interactive clues, drag-and-drop clues, slider puzzles and more in this new immersive experience. Explore Singapore’s Chinatown heritage while learning more about Singapore’s famous local cuisines.
Escape Room (Curse Of The Werewolf)
- In a small ancient village, mysterious werewolves hide in the dark, attacking innocent villagers at nightfall. As descendants of the Village Chief, it is your duty to lift this curse and save your village.
Virtual Amazing Race
- Enjoy Singapore's 1st Online Amazing Race For Remote Teams Starting From Just $25/Pax. Our carefully-designed Virtual Amazing Race experience is woven intricately with innovative mechanics and clues.
Virtual Squid Escape
- Participate in an exciting storyline that brings you into the immersive Squid Game environment. Solve challenging puzzles as a team, in an innovative and immersive virtual environment. Our in-house game experts have developed our very own thrilling Virtual Squid Escape experience!
Virtual Food Quest
- FunEmpire is proud to present Singapore’s first and only Virtual Food Quest - an epic food adventure featuring Singapore’s diverse food scene!
Virtual Time Travel
- FunEmpire is proud to present the world's first and only Virtual Time Travel Experience! Participate in an exciting storyline that brings you through different eras and time zones.
Virtual Clay Making Workshop
- Award-Winning Candle Making Workshop Experience At Affordable Prices. Our Virtual Clay Making workshop is are a great way to relax your teams and encourage team building too!
Virtual Balloon Sculpting
- Balloon Sculpting Workshop is a fun and interactive workshop that teaches kids and adults alike how to create amazing balloon designs!
Team building activities are a great way to promote team bonding, communication skills and collaboration within team members. When choosing team building activities, it is important to consider the group size, the company's objectives and the activity's relevance to the company or organization. FunEmpire offers a wide range of virtual, physical, indoor and outdoor team building activities that are Team Building offers a wide range of fun and interactive team building activities that are perfect for companies of all sizes. Our experienced facilitators will work with you to customise an event that meets your company's objectives. Contact us today to find out more!
If this article was helpful to you, you might also look at: